A high impact and high ownership role which will see the successful candidate shape the future of a fast-paced e-commerce start-up. You will be the main point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis, working closely with them to move both operational and strategic levers that drive growth on their account. This is a truly exceptional role where you will work closely with clients to devise, execute and iterate new strategies; you’ll also leverage your own knowledge and the collective knowledge of the team to solve problems and encode these in our core operating frameworks, processes and tools. Between working with clients and helping build our business, no two days will be the same.
You will be the ultimate owner for the operational success of your clients’ performance on Amazon. You will also be responsible for their retention and growth in line with Expert Edge’s commercial goals. The core focus will be to coordinate the creation and execution of a successful growth strategy, to manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and to analyse progress for risk/opportunity. You will have full autonomy to make tactical, creative or strategic recommendations in the pursuit of these goals and will also be a key part of building out the processes that support the ongoing effectiveness of the Amazon Operations team.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Brainstorm ideas and identify opportunities for growing customer accounts
- Create multi-threaded strategies to grow revenue for clients, within the boundaries of AMZ best practise – including catalogue improvements, promotional activities, advertising, inventory management and international expansion.
- Communicate these strategies, alongside associated trade-offs and dependencies, and support resource planning with your customers to execute effectively.
- Manage the delivery of these strategies through to completion – owning the account management and reporting/analytics piece while working alongside our specialist advertising, content and design teams.
- Work quickly to resolve issues as they arise and/or anticipate ways to mitigate future issues.
- Analyse data to report on client progress, sense check the effectiveness of your strategies and iterate new experiments or ideas based on the data.
- Gauge customers’ levels of engagement with the company and provide feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative
- Strong operational knowledge of the Amazon retail platform (Vendor, Seller or both)
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication, listening and presenting skills
- Strong analytical capabilities, with the ability to translate these into commercial strategies
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience of working in a Digital Agency or at Amazon
- French, German or Spanish language skills
About Expert Edge
Expert Edge was founded in order to help brands grow their business with Amazon. We’ve built a team of Amazon consultants from ex-Amazon employees, vendors and sellers to gain a 360-degree view of how to successfully sell and grow businesses on Amazon. We have spent the past 3 years driving growth for brands on Amazon and developed a unique, data-driven approach, starting with the customer and working backwards. We help our clients rank their products higher on Amazon, increase their sales and improve their profitability.
We pride ourselves on having a truly great culture and working environment. You’ll work with extremely knowledgeable and high performing colleagues in a mature, learning driven and fun environment. Our philosophy is to hire bright, motivated and capable people, provide the supporting structures for them to be successful and then get out of the way! If you value intellectual engagement, independent working and truly making a difference to the trajectory of a fast-growing business, this is the right place for you.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech salary Sacrifice Team
- Employee Benefits, Wellbeing and Discount programme
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- Opportunity to grow with an expanding company and learn about the workings of the worlds largest online retailer in the process.
- A flat, startup culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees with flexible working.