A high impact and high ownership role which will see the successful candidate shape the future of a fast-paced e-commerce start-up. You will be an important member of the Sales and Marketing organisation, with the primary goal of identifying, approaching and qualifying opportunities for the sales team. You’ll also have the opportunity to support the Marketing team to refine the business’ lead nurturing and qualification strategies, as well as supporting the creation of sales collateral – such as pitch decks, web copy and social media articles – if this is of interest to you. This role would suit a bright, motivated and highly organised individual with knowledge of the Amazon Retail platform.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to manage a med/large size pipeline with opportunities at various different stages.
- Familiarity with 3rd party tools that help qualify contact information for decision-makers
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to craft compelling, personalised emails to prospective customers.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent organisation skills, attention to detail, and customer obsession
Nice to have but not essential
- Knowledge of the Amazon retail platform from either the Seller or Vendor perspective
- Experience using Salesforce, or similar CRM
- Experience using marketing automation and prospecting tools such as Pardot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo etc.
You will be the ultimate owner for outbound lead generation for the Amazon Acquisitions team. The core focus will be to target mid and large sized brands in a focused set of categories, identify key decision makers, initiate a conversation and qualify the fit for Expert Edge’s services. You will have full autonomy to make tactical, creative or strategic recommendations in the pursuit of these goals and will also be a key part of building out the processes that support the ongoing effectiveness of the Amazon Acquisitions team. You will also own the CRM for our Lead and Prospect portfolio, including data quality.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Identify, approach and convert new leads for Expert Edge – using a mixture of in-house and 3rd party tools, you are responsible for engaging the most exciting opportunities. Our approach is to ‘qualify and match’, meaning it is a highly consultative sales experience with a premium on creating bespoke, compelling engagement with target decision makers.
- CRM – you will be using Salesforce to manage your lead pipeline. As such, making sure data inputs are high quality and consistent is crucial.
About Expert Edge
Expert Edge was founded in order to help brands grow their business with Amazon. We’ve built a team of Amazon consultants from ex-Amazon employees, vendors and sellers to gain a 360-degree view of how to successfully sell and grow businesses on Amazon. We have spent the past 3 years driving growth for brands on Amazon and developed a unique, data-driven approach, starting with the customer and working backwards. We help our clients rank their products higher on Amazon, increase their sales and improve their profitability.
We pride ourselves on having a truly great culture and working environment. You’ll work with extremely knowledgeable and high performing colleagues in a mature, learning driven and fun environment. Our philosophy is to hire bright, motivated and capable people, provide the supporting structures for them to be successful and then get out of the way! If you value intellectual engagement, independent working and truly making a difference to the trajectory of a fast-growing business, this is the right place for you.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech salary Sacrifice Team
- Employee Benefits, Wellbeing and Discount programme
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- Opportunity to grow with an expanding company and learn about the workings of the worlds largest online retailer in the process.
- A flat, startup culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees with flexible working.